GAME DAY INFORMATION DateSaturday, September 21, 2019 Time8 p.m. ET Site: Sanford Stadium • Athens, GA • Capacity 92,746 (Bermuda Grass) TV:TV: CBS (national) Brad Nessler (play-by-play) Gary Danielson (analysis) Jamie Erdahl (sideline) Radio:Notre Dame Radio Network Tickets: Notre Dame Ticket Exchange powered by VividSeats.com IRISH VS. BULLDOGS - BY THE NUMBERS 1Freshman Kyle Hamilton is…
|GAME DAY INFORMATION|
|Date||Saturday, September 21, 2019|
|Time||Eight p.m. ET|
|Receive of living:||Sanford Stadium
• Athens, GA
• Ability ninety two,746 (Bermuda Grass)
|TV:||TV: CBS (nationwide)
Brad Nessler (play-by-play)
Gary Danielson (diagnosis)
Jamie Erdahl (sideline)
|Radio:||Notre Dame Radio Network|
|Tickets:||Notre Dame Label Exchange powered by VividSeats.com|
|IRISH VS. BULLDOGS – BY THE NUMBERS|
|1||Freshman Kyle Hamilton is the one factual freshman within the country with an interception return for a touchdown. His 34-yard return was as soon as the first gain for teh Irish against Novel Mexico.|
|2||Notre Dame’s fling to to No. 3/3 Georgia will trace steady the 2d time the Irish will face a top-five SEC team on the opponent’s residence field in college history. The No. 24 Irish fell 38-14 at No. four Tennessee in 1999.|
|3||Notre Dame recorded as a minimal Sixty six points in a sport for steady the third time since 1932 in tis Sixty six-14 accumulate over Novel Mexico. The other two times had been a sixty 9-Thirteen accumulate over Pittsburgh in 1965 and a sixty 9-14 victory over Georgia Tech in 1977.|
|6||Ian Book accounted for six touchdowns against Novel Mexico (five passing, one speed) to affix four other gamers because the FBS single-sport leaders for total touchdowns in a sport this season.|
|7||With ESPN’s College GameDay making an appearance in Athens this weekend, this would possibly perhaps perhaps trace the thirtieth time the pregame showcase will seem old to a sport featuring the Irish and the twelfth time within the Brian Kelly era. That is the seventh-most of any program within the nation. The College GameDay showcase started at Notre Dame, visiting campus for the 1993 Notre Dame-Florida Sigh contest.|
|9||Notre Dame is averaging 9.zero TFL per sport this season, a number that ranks ninth nationally among all FBS teams. Daelin Hayes, who wears No. 9 on protection for the Irish, leads the team with three TFL.|
|10||Brian Kelly continues his Tenth season because the head coach at the College of Notre Dame, changing into steady the fifth Irish coach to exhaust a decade or more at the college (Knute Rockne, Thirteen; Frank Leahy, Ara Parseghian, Lou Holtz Eleven).|
|12||Notre Dame has obtained 12 consecutive video games at Notre Dame Stadium, collectively with a 6-zero spruce slate closing season. It is the third-longest successful dawdle at residence for the Irish since Notre Dame Stadium opened in 1930.|
|19.07||Ian Book leads all Energy 5 quarterbacks in yards-per-completion with a 19.07 moderate (he ranks 2d among all FBS quarterbacks in that class).|
|20.2||Notre Dame skill gamers rep averaged 20.2 yards after the grab this season (31 receptions, 627 yards-after-grab) – the one of Energy 5 teams.|
|30||Notre Dame has held its opponents to 30 points or less in sixteen consecutive video games, matching Washington for the FBS lead in that class.|
|Forty one.5||Notre Dame leads all FBS teams for opponent completion percentage, as Irish opponents are 22-for-fifty three (Forty one.5%) within the first two video games.|
|ninety%||In the Brian Kelly era, Notre Dame has performed a sport in 9 of the head 10 media markets across the country and Thirteen of the head 20.|
|a hundred and one||Notre Dame has scored a hundred and one points over its first two video games (35 at Louisville; Sixty six vs. Novel Mexico) which is the obliging two-sport total for the team since 1932 (one hundred thirty five points, seventy three-zero vs. Haskell; sixty two-zero vs. Drake).|
|153.3||Career passing efficiency ranking for Ian Book. Saturday’s sport points two quarterbacks ranked within the head 10 for profession fling efficiency – Book (ninth) and Georgia’s Jake Fromm (2d, 168.26).|
|268||The Notre Dame Stadium sell-out dawdle stands at 268 consecutive video games, the 2d-longest in NCAA history.|
|348^||Games coached by Brian Kelly in his profession, 2d among full of life coaches within the NCAA to Mack Brown (North Carolina).|
|1,041||Notre Dame operating backs rep long past 1,041 carries with out dropping a fumble – courting help to Nov. 21, 2015. It is the 2d-longest full of life dawdle in FBS within the help of Northwestern’s 1,076-lift dawdle.|
|2,205||Over the closing eight video games, Ian Book has thrown for two,205 yards, the fifth-most among all full of life FBS quarterbacks.|
|Head Coach||At College||General||vs. Opponent|
|Notre Dame||Brian Kelly||Eighty three-35 (Tenth 300 and sixty five days)^||254-ninety two-2 (Twenty ninth 300 and sixty five days)^||zero-1|
|Georgia||Kirby Dapper||35-10 (4th 300 and sixty five days)||25-10 (4th 300 and sixty five days)||1-zero|
ˆ Involves 20 abnormal-season wins and two postseason appearances vacated below discretionary NCAA penalty
RANKED MATCH-UP DETAILS
- Notre Dame will likely be enjoying a third-ranked (AP) opponent for the twenty first time on Saturday evening, posting a 7-Eleven-2 (.400) trace within the old 20 match-americaagainst No. 3. Primarily the most most modern victory over No. 3 came in 2005, when the Irish knocked off No. 3 Michigan 17-10 in Ann Arbor.
- After a stretch of an zero-Eight-1 dispute against a number-three ranked team from 1956 via 1986, Notre Dame has obtained four of its closing six meetings against No. 3.
- The Irish are 39-60-5 (.399) all-time against top-five ranked opponents and are pursuing the first accumulate over a top-five team below Brian Kelly (zero-four) and the first for the program for the reason that accumulate at Michigan in 2005.
- Notre Dame is Fifty one-39-5 (.563) all-time in its Ninety five match-americabetween two top-10 teams. Brian Kelly has two of those Fifty one wins – 2012 at Oklahoma (30-Thirteen) and closing season in Notre Dame Stadium over No. 7 Stanford (38-17).
NOTRE DAME VS. GEORGIA
- Notre Dame and Georgia will likely be meeting for the third time Saturday afternoon, with the Bulldogs claiming the first two meetings within the sequence – the 1980 Sugar Bowl and the first of a two-sport residence-and-residence sequence at Notre Dame Stadium in 2017.
THE 1981 SUGAR BOWL
- Before the BCS, old to the College Soccer Playoff, even old to conference bowl tie-ins, there was as soon as the amazingly advanced and politically wrought college bowl draw. Bowls competed for teams old to the season ended, most steadily signing agreements for bowl match-americabefore the schedule was as soon as even total.
- Notre Dame spent the 1980 season, Dan Devine’s final 300 and sixty five days, slowly mountain climbing the nationwide rankings to No. 1 in early November. A beautiful tie suffered at Georgia Tech (3-3) pushed the Irish help down to No. 6 – however Notre Dame rallied the following week with a victory over No. 5 Alabama at Legion Self-discipline in Birmingham to predicament up a date within the Sugar Bowl with undefeated and top-ranked Georgia.
- Notre Dame serene had one sport left to play, on the opposite hand, and a 20-3 setback at No. 17 Southern Cal meant that the highly anticipated No. 1 vs. No. 2 match within the Sugar Bowl would now now not purchase place, however the Bulldogs would serene rep a real claim to the nationwide title with a victory over No. 7 Notre Dame.
- The 1981 Sugar Bowl numbers are baffling over 35 years later. Georgia completed steady one fling within the sport (it was as soon as a mountainous one, a third and 7 completion that allowed Georgia to speed out the clock with steady over two minutes left). Freshman Herschel Walker ran for 150 yards on 36 carries after surroundings apart his shoulder within the first half – whereas the leisure of the team accounted for minus-30 yards.
- Notre Dame overlooked a field aim, had a field aim blocked, muffed a kick return to gift Georgia the ball on the one-yard line and fumbled by itself 22-yard line. Georgia took relief of those miscues to present three of those turnovers into a 17-10 victory.
2017 GEORGIA AT NOTRE DAME
- Georgia’s first fling back and forth north since a 1965 lumber to Michigan proved to be a defensive fight, because the Bulldogs edged the Irish 20-19. Georgia claimed the lead on a field aim with 3:39 final, then pressured a fumble with 1:27 left to real the victory.
- Tony Jones Jr. rushed one time and had one reception within the 2017 meeting, whereas Chris Finke ended the sport with three catches for 36 yards.
- Daelin Hayes had a fumble recovery on protection for the Irish, whereas Jordan Genmark Heath, Kurt Hinish, Myron Tagovailoa-Amosa and Jalen Elliott additionally saw action against the Bulldogs.
IAN BOOK NOTABLES
- Junior quarterback Ian Book’s 406 yards of total offense against Novel Mexico was as soon as steady the Eleventh time and Irish quarterback has compiled over 400 yards of total offense since 1996. It was as soon as the most since Book posted 399 at Northwestern closing season, whereas DeShone Kizer’s 472 yards against Syracuse in 2016 marked the most most modern sport with a QB reaching over 400 yards of total offense. Six of the head 12 single-sport yardage performance from a quarterback since 1996 rep occurred within the path of the Brian Kelly era.
- Book is 2d within the country in yards per completion, rolling up 553 yards on 29 completions over the first two video games of the season (UTEP’s Brandon Jones leads all FBS quarterbacks with a 20.6 moderate). Book leads all Energy 5 quarterbacks in that class.
- Book boasts real numbers when the sport is on the line. He is tied with three other Energy 5 quarterbacks with six completions of 20-or-more yards in shut and unhurried-sport scenarios within the path of the last eight video games.
- Book has confirmed a penchant for real 2d-half performances and the number help up that premise. Over the past eight video games, Book leads all FBS quarterbacks in 2d-half passer ranking.
- Book additionally embraces the scheme back in passing scenarios. Over the past four video games, Book is 2d within the FBS by arrangement of yards per completion when the Irish face a down with seven or more yards to originate for a first down.
NOTEWORTHY DEFENSIVE NOTABLES
- Notre Dame has held sixteen consecutive opponents beneath 30 points entering the sport at Georgia. The Irish are tied with Washington for the FBS lead in that class.
- Notre Dame opponents rep averaged 50.2 passing attempts per passing touchdown (452 attempts, 9 passing TD) within the path of the last 12 video games – the one within the FBS.
NOTEWORTHY OFFENSIVE NOTABLES
- The Sixty six points scored by the Irish against Novel Mexico had been the most for Notre Dame since they scored sixty 9 points against Georgia Tech in Notre Dame Stadium on Nov. 5, 1977. It was as soon as only the third time Notre Dame has surpassed Sixty six for the reason that 1932 season when the team scored seventy three points against Haskell.
- The Irish lead all Energy 5 teams in yards after grab in 2019.
- The Notre Dame wide receivers rep averaged 23.four yards from scrimmage per contact this season — the one of all Energy 5 teams.
- Notre Dame has completed passes for over 20 yards on Thirteen of its forty six attempts this season (28.3%) – the 2d-only rate within the FBS
- Since the starting up of the 2018 season, the Notre Dame offensive line has allowed stress on Ian Book in third and lengthy scenarios steady Thirteen.Eight% of the time – the fifth-only rate within the Energy 5.
NOTEWORTHY INDIVIDUAL NOTABLES
- Roam Claypool has logged 9 receptions for 20 or more yards over his past four video games, which is the fifth-only among FBS WRs.
- Kyle Hamilton scored the first touchdown of the victory over Novel Mexico closing weekend on a 34-yard interception return for a touchdown. It was as soon as the first touchdown of the factual freshman’s profession and was as soon as the first ‘eradicate six’ for a freshman since Robert Blanton’s against Purdue in 2008.
- Hamilton’s gain additionally marked the first time since 2002 that the first touchdown of the season in Notre Dame Stadium for the Irish was as soon as scored by the protection since a Gerome Sapp 54-yard fumble return for a touchdown against Purdue in 2002.
- At closing, Hamilton’s interception return for a touchdown was as soon as the first in a residence opener since Deveron Harper’s against Kansas for Notre Dame’s 2d touchdown in 1999.
- First Touches – A form of Irish gamers rep recorded touchdowns on either their first profession contact, or the first contact of the season:
- Sophomore Jahmir Smith scored on his first lift of the season, a three-yard drop within the season opener at Louisville.
- Sophomore Tommy Tremble’s first profession reception ended up as a 26-yard touchdown grab against Louisville.
- Junior Avery Davis, who switched from defensive help to operating help as a result of accidents within the Irish offensive backfield, caught his first fling (a brief shovel fling from Ian Book) and ran fifty 9 yards untouched for a touchdown against Novel Mexico.
- While now now not technically his first ‘contact’ as he recorded two fling shatter-americain the opener at Louisville, freshman Kyle Hamilton scored on his first pudgy contact against Novel Mexico — an interception return for a touchdown.
- Design 2d touches count? Sophomore Braden Lenzy caught a 22-yard touchdown fling on his 2d reception of the season versus Novel Mexico whereas senior Javon McKinley’s 2d and third receptions of the season had been each became into rankings against the Lobos.
NOTRE DAME ATTENDANCE RECORDS
- Notre Dame leads all FBS teams in attendance-dispute-surroundings video games, with one more conceivable two dispute-surroundings video games coming up this season (at Georgia, at Michigan).
- Georgia is installing extra seating in Sanford Stadium this weekend and is anticipated to predicament a brand new attendance dispute of ninety three,246 Saturday evening – which is able to be the FBS-leading Tenth college soccer stadium wherein Notre Dame will rep helped predicament an attendance dispute (and 2d this season after the fling to to Louisville to begin the 300 and sixty five days).
ON THIS WEEKEND
- Worthy historical video games/performances for Notre Dame soccer on and round September 21:
- September 20, 1980 — Harry Oliver kicks a Fifty one-yard field aim as time expires to give an improbably 29-27 victory over Michigan.
- September 21, 1996 – In front of a then-dispute crowd of Eighty three,312 at Texas Memorial Stadium, No. 9 Notre Dame rallies to upset No. 6 Texas 27-24 when freshman Jim Sanson kicked a 39-yard field aim as time expired.
- September 22, 1956 – After rattling off 28 September video games with out a loss, SMU defeats the Irish 19-Thirteen to deal the program its first-ever loss within the month of September (Notre dame was as soon as 25-zero-3 old to the fling back and forth to SMU).
Notre Dame vs. SEC
- Notre Dame is 29-19 (.604) all-time against the SEC and 9-5 (.563) on the road against SEC opponents.
- Primarily the most most modern SEC opponent the Irish rep faced came steady closing season when Notre Dame defeated Vanderbilt 22-17 at Notre Dame Stadium on September 15.
- Notre Dame’s most most modern fling to to an SEC opponent occurred in 2004, when an unranked Irish team knocked off No. 9 Tennessee 17-Thirteen in Nehland Stadium.
- Notre Dame has faced a top-five ranked SEC opponent 10 times – posting a 5-5 dispute in those contests (wins vs. Alabama in 1973 Sugar and 1975 Orange Bowls, alongside with a accumulate over the Crimson Tide in Birmingham in 1980; vs. Florida within the 1992 Sugar Bowl; vs. Texas A&M within the 1993 Cotton Bowl).
- Saturday evening’s sport marks the first for Notre Dame against a top-five ranked SEC team on its residence field for the reason that Irish fell 38-14 at Tennessee in 1999.
- Notre Dame has already launched future residence-and-residence sequence with SEC opponents:
- Arkansas – Residence 2020; Away 2025
- Alabama – Residence 2028; Away 2029
- Texas A&M – Away, 2024; Residence 2025
- Three Notre Dame soccer alums were named team captains for the 2019-20 NFL season. Jaylon Smith and Zack Martin had been named captains for the Dallas Cowboys, whereas Kyle Rudolph was as soon as named a captain for the Minnesota Vikings.